History and Beneficiaries of the Taste of College Park
Taste of College Park 2022 will be held on October 13, 2022 at the Historic Dubsdread Ballroom and Patio
The 20th Annual Taste of College Park Food & Wine Festival will be held October 13, 2022 The Taste of College Park is the primary fund-raising event for the Rotary Club of College Park Foundations, Inc. The Taste of College Park combines food, wine, music, and silent and live auctions for an extraordinary evening in College Park. Over a dozen local restaurants and distributors provide the food, beer and wine. Local retailers supply items for the auctions. College Park businesses and Rotary Club members sell over 300 tickets.
Beneficiaries of the net proceeds from Taste of College Park include:
- Ronald McDonald House – a home away from home for families whose children are hospitalized during a medical crisis.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library – in cooperation with the Dollywood Foundation. Since 2012, the Rotary Club of College Park has provided thousands of free books to children from birth to five years of age.
- Christian Service Center – to provide funds for Love Pantries at College Park area schools.
- One Heart for Women and Children – to provide assistance to Central Florida families in crisis.
- The Rotary Foundation – including the “End Polio Now Initiative.” Since 1988 there has been a 99.9% reduction in new cases of polio worldwide – in 201 less than 90 cases worldwide!
- Supporting area schools – honoring Students of the Month from four local schools each month and providing scholarships to Edgewater High School and Bishop Moore Catholic High School each year